Ocean City 2008

Matthew 28:18-20




Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Take Up My Cross


Last week we had our second Men's Conference and it was just as moving as the first. The theme verse for the night was Luke 9:23-25. This verse talks about deny ourselves and taking up our crosses for the Lord. The night culminated in an activity where we literally got to carry a cross. We prayed in small groups around a field and talked about what it is we would like to sacrifice for the Lord. The Lord really put my relationships on my heart. Ever since I became a Christian in October I have really been running away from my past lifestyle and everything that went along with it. For the most part this is a good thing. I've been pursuing the Lord and He has been changing me and sanctifying me, but I also have been running away from the relationships I had before October. I associated those relationships with my non-Christian lifestyle and stopped pursuing them. Once I met a group of amazing believers I became so comfortable in my little Christian bubble that I rarely was searching for relationships outside it. The Lord has really been convicting me of this and so I decided that this year I want to reach outside my Christian circle. I want to be able to show Christ's love to those around me in my dorm, in my classes and to those who I have been running from. I want to share my life and what the Lord has done in my life with everyone around me. It is going to be hard to relate deeply with them, but I know the Lord will place me where it is He wants me.

1 comment:

MLong said...

Thank you for the update, Chris. I think your willingness to reach out will be another opportunity for growth and the Lord will bless you and change others through it. See you soon.