Ocean City 2008

Matthew 28:18-20




Friday, August 1, 2008

N.Y.C.


So  impact group took a wonderful trip to N.Y.C. last friday and it really got me thinking about the world we live in. I think that this picture of Time Square really is a good representation of how we live our lives. There is so much movement, so many lights, so much going on. We are bombarded by deadlines, urgency and distractions all day long. I look at these people and one question comes to mind...If the Lord were standing before them, would they even stop to notice? Their lives are so jam packed with the things of their lives and the distractions of the world that they are blinded to what it is truly matters. I dunno, it just breaks my heart that these people run through their days thinking they have to make the most money, gain the most power, and make it to the top. Its a lie. A lie that the forces of evil of this world want us to believe. They want us to the believe that if our lives aren't filled with these things then we have failed. We are not successful. LIES! I pray that we would all realize that the things of this world at fleeting. They are fading away. The only things that matter are eternal. We must look at our lives from an eternal perspective and live accordingly. I pray that we will not buy into the lies that the world is screaming at us.


1 comment:

MLong said...

Another illustration of why your project and outreach are so desparately needed, Chris. Even among the masses, lives are saved one at a time. God Bless you and the team for your tireless efforts to share the gospel.