Ocean City 2008

Matthew 28:18-20




Saturday, July 5, 2008

God Bless America


God Bless America. Its a song that we've all heard, but since last night I've really been thinking about it. We have been SOO blessed. In America we have 3 meals a day, we've got houses, we've got cars, we've got clothes and shoes, we get paid 7+ an hour, we get etc... but what I've really been thinking about is how God has blessed all of us as Americans to be born in a country where we can worship Him freely. I was thinking last night as I watched the 4th of July fireworks about how all these people were celebrating our independence from England, but I couldn't stop thinking about the freedom that gives us towards our relationship with God. We can openly go to church as much as we want, we can have worship concerts, we can have Bibles and read them whenever and where ever we want! It hit home even harder tonight as we had another outreach. Here we are 110 students all out in a highly populated area, serving the Lord and openly sharing the Gospel with people. This is not the case a lot of places in the world. Our brothers and sisters meet in secret and in hushed voices and in code share with eachother. Always fearing a raid and the persecution that follows that. I praise the Lord for these blessings that we receive through the freedom our country has. With the blessings America has with money and resources. This again points me towards missions. We've been blessed beyond imagine, let's in return take these blessings and take them to the world.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Chris,
Thanks for all of your updates. We actually sang God Bless America in church today which went along with your post. It really is amazing how fortunate we are to be able to have the freedom to openly worship God without worrying about being punished or worse. We are so blessed by God to be able to live in such a wonderful country like America. I will continue praying for you.

MLong said...

Nicely said, Chris. Amen, bud.