Sunday, June 8, 2008
The Power of the Gospel
The past two days have been so amazing. Yesterday was our second outreach and God was powerfully using our project to reach out to the lost. Personally, I was able to pray with two guys that wanted to receive Christ and again it was phenomenal to serve God and to see the gospel change lives. Last night alone 19 people came to know Christ and soooo many more were able to hear the gospel. Praise the Lord for opening the ears of these people and for revealing himself to these 19. It is so amazing to think that one day we will be seeing all of these people again in Heaven. I am so thankful that it is up to God to work in these people's lives and that it is not by anything we do or say. It gives me so much confidence sharing the gospel because I know that God is sovereign and has everything under control. After last night, as a project, this summer we have seen 28 people come to Christ. WOW!....... Tonight God was working again and again I praise God for the opportunity to witness more people come into his kingdom. I went sharing with a guy named Ryan and it was by far the best night I have had since I have been here. The first conversation we got into was with two high school students named Rory and Ryan, and they both received Christ after going through the KGB. Ryan and I were so excited after the conversation and we were praying, dancing and running down the boardwalk. The next conversation we had was with two guys named Doc and Nick and after hearing the gospel and rethinking their works based salvation beliefs they too decided to receive Christ! It was an amazing experience and the words that come to mind to describe the night are ecstatic, jubilation and just pure joy. I encourage all of you to take the time after reading this to just thank the Lord for how good he is to all of us. For the wonders of his grace and the forgiveness he gives out of love. Praise the Lord that he is working in people's lives and is bringing more and more people into his kingdom every single day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Amen. As I praise the Lord I am asking Him to give me joy like yours that reflects such an eternal perspective! Praise the God who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth!
Dude I just read through all three of your posts and it is so encouraging to hear the ways the lord is working in the OC. I'll keep praying for you. 28 people is just and amazing show of the power of God to change hearts. Keep up the good work. I'll keep praying for you.
Dude, sounds like God is doing some sweet stuff in OC! Thanks for taking the time to share these stories...I love hearing about God transforming lives.
i'm blessed hearing what's happening out there. Keep em comin
wow i'm so excited after reading these last 2 posts! thanks for sharing the joy w/ us!
WOW! God's endless love is so wonderfully present in your mission, Chris. It is such a blessing to read of His work in OC this summer. I am praying for you and those with whom you share the good news.
Wow Chris, God is so good! It is so exciting to hear what God is doing this summer! thanks so much for sharing it with all of us, it is so encouraging to hear! I will continue to pray for you and for all of the people who have recently received Christ. Praise the Lord!
Chris! I got that text the other night, and I was just so excited that I prayed for you and your team right there with all of my best friends. And the biggest conclusion we came to at the end of our group prayer was: EXPECT great things to happen ALL THE TIME! God is so good, and He is there all the time, we just have to keep pressing into His heart and expecting that no matter what, He is faithful. I am praying for your team and for all of our new brothers and sisters! HOW EXCITING! You're an encouragement C.Long...thanks for sharing and being a light! PTL!
God is so faithful. I feel like things like this are a taste of what life can be. It is so encouraging to hear and i know our LORD will continue to teach you about himself and his heart this summer
Chris that is so exciting! it is so great to also just read how genuine your heart is for what is happening and i will be praying for God to continue to continue to reveal himself to you as you get to experience these blessings :)
wow Chris! This is so amazing and I'm so glad you are able to share this with all of us. Thanks for all the texts and blogs. It is so encouraging to hear how God is working on project. I'm glad to hear you found employment and that God is giving you the opportunity to have a wonderful ministry there. YOu are in my prayers Chris. You have such a great heart for the Lord and such a joyful attitude. Thanks for being such an encouragement Chris.
Wow Chris, it is so amazing to hear what God has been doing through your project in only a few days. It is so encouraging to hear about your conversations with people and how he is using you. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Praise God for what he is doing! I will continue praying for you and your team!
The joy we have in Christ is trully unbelievable. I am so blessed by your updates. How do you follow up with people that recieve Christ?
dear chris WOW what great work you are doing just think what you were doing spiritually before your girlfriend invited you to church a couple of years ago. God knew you were ready and the Holy Spirit gotcha. my prayer for you is Num 6:24-27 i have asked a friend to read your blog and pray for your mission love Kramer (gpa)
dear chris WOW isn't God great? did you eber imagine what your life was going to be like this summer just a couple of years ago. Gog knew you were ready and so he had your girl friend invite you to church and the Holy Spirit grabbed you. you are doing as much in just acouple of days what most people do in months or years. love ya grandpapotholes
Chris it's so encouraging to hear how God is grabbing ahold of hearts and changing lives! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I'll be praying for you guys!
It really is encouraging to hear about all the work God is doing around and through you, Chris! When I read your last post, I wished I could have been there to see and hear all of what happened. I'll keep you in my prayers - God bless!
Post a Comment