Ocean City 2008

Matthew 28:18-20




Sunday, June 22, 2008

Awe

The question "What's one word to describe your walk with the Lord right now?" was thrown around this week and it came to me that the only word to describe how I feel is awe. I am in awe of the Lord. The Lord has revealed a new side of himself to me and I cannot describe how amazing this week has been. Before I came to OC I had never seen anyone come to Christ. I have my own story of redemption and have heard amazing stories of how the Lord revealed himself to others, but I had never witnessed someone make a decision for Christ. In Ocean City the Lord has opened my eyes to his passion for the lost and to just how powerful the gospel really is. Watching someone being transformed from the beginning of a conversation to the end of the gospel is such an amazing experience and causes me to praise the Lord on a whole new level. I feel so blessed to have been able to witness the Lord moving in people's hearts and am simply in awe of him.
This week the Lord showed us a glimpse of how powerful he is and how much he can accomplish through his servants. Our goal this week was to have 5079 evangelistic conversations and the Lord was faithful beyond imagine. As a project we initiated 11,526 conversations, engaged in 5094 evangelistic conversations and the Lord has blessed all of us with 204 new brothers and sisters in Christ. 203! and on top of that God has allowed me to witness 24 people ask Jesus to become their Lord and Savior. I have been so blessed by this gift and it has given me an even deeper love for sharing my faith and for the lost.
Today we had a beach party as a project and really just enjoyed being together as a body of Christ. This was the kickoff to this week's them which is "All for One", which is a week dedicated to coming together as a body. Today was a great way to just relax and reflect on what the Lord did this week and to really just rejuvenate. One cool thing that the Lord has presented to me this week is a friendship with a guy named Evan from Russia. He is here for the summer through a work program and after multiple run ins on the boardwalk, Evan asked me if I would like to get a meal with him. He took me to his FAVORITE place to eat here....McDonalds! He loves to go there because he is intrigued by the awesomeness of free refills. Apparently in Russia they don't have free refills and so he gets the smallest drink size and gets 4-5 refills. It was cool to meet someone from somewhere so different than America, but also to have an evangelistic conversation with him. Despite the language barrier it was a great experience and i'm looking forward for the rest of the summer with him.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Dude just reading these stories from your project is making me feel encouraged I can't imagine how awesome it is to get to watch the Lord changing people's hearts first hand everyday. Keep up the great work. On a side note no free refills would stink I love drinking five gallons of pop for 1.25.

MLong said...

WOW Chris! Praise God for the awesome week with which He blessed the OC Crusaders! Thank you for sharing the experience and your feelings with us, Chris. It is so inspiring and energizing to read what our gracious Lord is doing through you and the whole team.