Ocean City 2008

Matthew 28:18-20




Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Killing the Giants

Hey Everyone!
Thank you all so much for your prayers and for your comments back, they are all so encouraging to me. Well a lot has been going on since my last update so here goes. Most exciting for me would just be the fruit that God has shown me in evangelism. We have been going sharing almost every day and the Lord has been using the Gospel to move in people's hearts in a MAJOR way. I have been able to see God bring 17 people to Christ since I have been here and as a project we have seen 90 new brothers and sisters come into his kingdom. WOW! God is so good and worthy of our praise. There is nothing better than to see God transforming someone right before your eyes. I cannot describe the amount of joy I have because of it.
This week is themed "Killing the Giants". Basically this is a week where we are focusing on evangelism and stretching ourselves outside of our comfort zones. As a project we have set a goal and relying on God that we would have the chance to have 5,079 gospel oriented conversations. This number seems so huge, but we are all REALLY excited because we know God is working in big ways here. Personally, I have decided that I would like to stretch myself this week by approaching bigger groups of people. To be honest...they scare me! It is very comfortable for me to approach 1 or 2 people and so I am trying to step out of my comfort zone. 
So I have attached a picture of the wonderful B&B clothing store that has taken me in for the summer. Yes those are cars on the ceiling if you can see them. I have enjoyed it here a lot. Sometimes it can be a bit repetitive (like the day I put foam covers on hangers for 5 hours...) BUT the ministry opportunity here is so awesome. I have already been able to get into some spiritual conversations with some of the people I work with and a few of them are excited to come hang out with people on project. Sunday night we had an "adoption" dinner at the church we are attending and I got adopted by Ray Adams. Basically the point of the adoption is for us to get to know some people in the congregation and so that we would feel loved and welcomed. Throughout the summer we'll be meeting up with Ray for meals and other things and just getting to know him. He's 78 and loving the Lord. Ill try and get a picture of him next time. 
Again, thank you all so much for everything. I don't know if I can explain how encouraging you all have been to me. I thank God for the impact you have all made on me and the love that you have all shown me. I hope everything is well with all of you and that God is blessing your summers. 

8 comments:

Caeli said...

WOW Chris! 90 more people who will be in heaven with us!! how encouraging!! keep up the good work! God is obviously doing a ton through you all and i love hearing about it!!

MLong said...

Hey Chris! Thanks for the update. Here's a thought for your stretch challenge this week: Focus not on how big the group of people is, but, rather, on how BIG our God is and how BIG the blessing is to share Him with each and every one of them. You are in my thoughts and prayers all day, every day!

MLong said...

I think B & B might stand for "Believers & Blessings" :-)

Unknown said...

Praise God! It's so awesome that He lets us participate in his work. Even though we're sinners, He still gives us a chance to witness His amazing power. What a blessing!

Graceann said...

wow this is amazing Chris! I love hearing what you are doing on project. you have such a heart for people and that is awesome that you are able to have spiritual convos with the people you work with. God is doing some pretty amazing work on project this year! thanks for the updates.

Lauren said...

Chris, thank you so much for another update! God is so good! What a blessing to witness 17 people come to know Christ! That is such a great testimony to the awesome power of God! It is so encouraging to hear of how God is working in your life and in the lives of those around you! I will continue to pray for you and I am confident that God will continue to use you in huge and wonderful ways! I love how you are so willing to follow where ever Christ leads you! You are such an encouragement to me, keeping pointing others towards Jesus!

Lindsay said...

Chris, this is awesome! God is so good, and He works through little "nothings" like us...what an encouragement. I will keep on praying for you Chris--you CAN approach a group, and the Lord WILL provide you with the right words to say. NOTHING is impossible with God--never forget that! I have faith in you, and I love that you're giving your rights to the Lord and following in His will. Wow, God is good...

Anonymous said...

Our God is SO amazing! Your updates have been so encouraging Chris! I know exactly how you feel about big groups, I've definitely felt like that before, and I must absolutely echo the idea of focusing on how BIG our God is - "if God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rom. 8:31) Trust in the Lord, he will guide you. Thanks again for the updates, and God bless you and the whole project!