Ocean City 2008

Matthew 28:18-20




Friday, June 6, 2008

Employed

Hey Everyone,
Thank you for all of your prayer support through this past week, God has definitely been working here in OC. I am now an employee at a beach wear clothing store called B & B. I started today and praise God for this opportunity because it has already been a blessing. I have already had 2 opportunities to have semi-spiritual conversations with two of my co-workers and am excited to see where those could lead to. Everyone is really nice there and were just very welcoming to me on my first day. I think my favorite part was that I really felt like I was serving the other people working there. A lot of the employees are either smaller women or mid-aged to older women and they have trouble reaching high things, lifting heavy things and running back and forth throughout the store. They were all so appreciative that I could do these things for them and it really made me feel needed there at the store. I am praising God for just providing a great environment for ministry, serving and it is going to be nice to be able to bring in a little money this summer as well. 
News from the Project: This week was pretty exciting at our large group meetings because we had the priviledge of having Christian author Randy Newman come and speak to us about evangelism. It was great to hear his perspective on evangelism and he taught us some really sweet techniques on how to go about talking to people. His biggest emphasis was on teaching through asking questions and allowing people to come to answers through those questions. One pretty neat story from sharing this week happened yesterday with a guy on the boardwalk. He was paralyzed from being hit by a drunk driver and he was Jewish and believed in reincarnation. His life story alone was enough to make it a great conversation, but I really got excited as we began to go through the gospel with him. He began to ask so many great questions about God, sin and redemption and was just very receptive to what God was teaching him. We didn't get to go through the entire KGB (Knowing God Booklet) because his friends told him they had to leave before we were done, but it was so encouraging because he asked us if he could take the booklet with him to learn more later. Usually we have to tell people they can take them, but he was excited to hear more about what Jesus did on the cross. So pray for him! and praise God for what He is doing in people's lives here in OC. Hope all is well! Email me or comment back on the blog, I'd love to hear from all of you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord for your job bro. I'm praying for you. Keep being awesome.

MLong said...

Isn't it glorious, Chris, how many of our dreams come true when we allow our dreams to be Christ centered? Congrats and praise God for what He is doing in OC this summer. Onward Christian soldiers!

Unknown said...

I cant tell you how awesome it is to hear all the work the Lord is doing in OC. That's sweet that you got the job, especially because it sounds like you'll have a lot of opportunities to serve. Stay strong bro, and keep being passionate about the gospel! I'm definitely praying for ya man.

Lindsay said...

Praise the Lord. It's so great to hear the ways the Lord is molding you into a true servant! Keep on walking strong...i'm praying for you!